Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD MW3 ~ Changing Weapon View?

Options
  • 12-09-2016 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Bear with me. Remember; I'm old and I'm relatively new to all this. I've also forgotten what ever I learned in my brief time with PS2 :o

Now then; I'm playing MW2. I'm in Somalia / Return To Sender. And they're returning our arses to Us! And I'm completely bloody useless because my gun sighting is kack.

I'm looking at my own arms, holding the gun. But, I can't see down the scope. I just have this cross formation of four dots, to the left of my rifles fore sight!

I thought this was just a vile aspect of the game. But, I've just seen a tube clip where the player is looking through his scope! Christ, if I could do that, rather than faffing around like I am? I could probably get us out of there single handed!

It took me an entire night of trying to suss out how to lob a grenade :o I used to be able to read maps and compasses. Change weapons at will. Now? I'm a wombat. And we've been stuck in this vile corner, not a cellophane rat in hells chance of fighting our way round it in time, for about eight hours of playing now.

Me, the bloke at the corner and the guy who gets on the roof? We're on first name f**king terms now! We've killed eachother that many times .....

Please. Tell me how to get a cross hair :confused:

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What platform are you playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

PS3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

These should be the default controls:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jUMREwUPimw/maxresdefault.jpg

The one you want is marked "aim down sight".

Excellent! Thanks, Spear! My set up seems to be slightly different from that? It's as I received it.

L2 seems to lob a Flash Bang. But, L1 (How I've never noticed this before ....?!) Gives me the fore sight!

And, yep, exactly as I predicted; It's made me a killing machine! :cool: Both my regular guys, with whom I used to trade long bursts of automatic fire, went down like a sack of it, to a single shot. The moment I set eyes / sight on them!

I've seriously got a mind to start this one, for the Third time, from scratch. I can now become a useful member of the team and, doubtless, shave minutes off our time. I'll be snap shooting targets. Not spraying and praying! ;)

You may be set to the tactical control setup which reverses the ADS and non-lethal grenade options.

• Advertisement

:confused: I can only tell ye that the red light, at the front of the controller, is on one.

R2 lobs a grenade, by the way. The team weren't best pleased as I discovered that, in the middle of live combat. Facing them! :pac:

Advertisement