Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard for a HP 8570w

Options
  • 12-09-2016 5:12pm

I have a HP EliteBook 8570w which I recently obtained second hand. The keyboard appears to be an aftermarket part and doesn't look original. No trace of spillages underneath anyway, thankfully.

I'm looking at replacing the keyboard with the backlit version but I'm having a lot of trouble finding one. I can get a US layout on eBay for about €40 but the UK layout is terribly expensive - there's an eBay seller charging €245 for it!

I used to have a supplier who was excellent for laptop keyboards but he's no longer with us unfortunately. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can pick one up?

Or should I just get used to the US layout? :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ebay is where I'd search for all parts like that. For 40 quid I'd say just go with the US layout!

Yeah I just ordered the US one yesterday. I've had no luck finding a UK keyboard at a decent price. It's not that different really.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Karsini wrote: »
    Yeah I just ordered the US one yesterday. I've had no luck finding a UK keyboard at a decent price. It's not that different really.

Prepare to hit the " key constantly when typing emails! :D:D:D

Advertisement