Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croatia - Dubrovnik, Pula or Lovran

Options
  • 12-09-2016 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hey, new to this thread, haven't travelled much I'm going on the 25th to Croatia to Stay in either Dubrovnik, Pula or Lovran ( I know I've left it to the last minute to book a ticket and organize :rolleyes:).

My friend recommended getting an apartment in Dubrovnik, but she also said the town Pula and Lovran are not far from Dubrovnik and are more unspoiled and cheaper, apparently Oldtown of Dubrovnik is like Dublin prices unless you go off the beaten track apartments are cheaper. she recommended booking.com.

Does anyone have any experiences holidaying in these places,
    I was thinking of staying in an apartment 7 days and then a hostel for the next 7 days, good or bad idea?
    If I'm on holiday I like to walk in the town, the beach and some of the surrounding countryside travel department do some 7 day deals on this
    https://www.traveldepartment.ie/holiday-destinations/europe/croatia/dubrovnik/
    anyone gone on these, good experiences, thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

I think your friend doesn't know too much about Croatia if she or he thinks that Pula and Dubrovnik are close to each other. Google maps estimates it a 7 plus hour drive. Either places are really nice but if I wanted to go to Pula I would fly to the airport there. Personally I would prefer Dubrovnik for a short break. It's a stunning city with lots to see and do.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

veetwin wrote: »
    I think your friend doesn't know too much about Croatia if she or he thinks that Pula and Dubrovnik are close to each other. Google maps estimates it a 7 plus hour drive. Either places are really nice but if I wanted to go to Pula I would fly to the airport there. Personally I would prefer Dubrovnik for a short break. It's a stunning city with lots to see and do.
    Actually I just made that assumption without checking, anyhow, yeh, Dubrovnik eh, Thanks for that advice.
    Think I'll go there then, much scenic walks outside the city walls?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Merry25

You'll love Dubrovnik! We were there last April. We stayed in Lapad area, travelled to Mostar and Kotor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The old town is amazing, and Cavtat nearby is lovely as well - you can get a water taxi and maybe spend a day down there.

The ferry system is really, really good so you can go island hopping if you fancy that - tbh outside of the old town Dubrovnik is pretty much like any other city, and you'll have seen the old town inside out in a few days.

Mostar is a great shout - another day trip or stayover possiblility.

But if you can work the logistics, then I definitely recommend getting out to a few of the islands - they're magical!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The old town is amazing, and Cavtat nearby is lovely as well - you can get a water taxi and maybe spend a day down there.

The ferry system is really, really good so you can go island hopping if you fancy that - tbh outside of the old town Dubrovnik is pretty much like any other city, and you'll have seen the old town inside out in a few days.

Mostar is a great shout - another day trip or stayover possiblility.

But if you can work the logistics, then I definitely recommend getting out to a few of the islands - they're magical!

I actually booked with the travel department, 7 days walking holiday in Dubrovnik and surrounding islands, I'll check these out, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement