Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#TheirNamesWereBradyandMcCarthyandDelahanty...and Reagan

Options
  • 12-09-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

Over the weekend, a man who has spent some 35 years behind bars for a murderous assault on a group of ethnic Irish people was released from prison in the US.

At the time of the shooting in 1981, and ever since, the mainstream media has glossed over the fact that John B Hinckley's victims were all men of Irish ethnicity preferring to focus in on the narrow fact that one of them was the then US president Ronald Reagan.

But this HAS to be called out for what it was: an anti-Irish hate crime. Look at the names of his victims:

James BRADY the president's press secretary who was permanently paralysed and eventually died prematurely from his wounds.

Jim McCARTHY a secret service bodyguard who took a bullet for his boss by shielding him from the assailant's gunfire

Thomas DELAHANTY a local cop who was hit by the fusillade of shots

and of course Ronald REAGAN whose great grandparents came from Tipperary.

Why have so few reports focussed on the common thread of ethnicity of the four shooting victims? Why has their Irishness been written out of history? Why don't the press see things MY way and vindicate MY outrage?

Instead they focussed on the easy line of "mental illness" by endlessly pointing out Hinckley's obsession with the actress Jodie Foster and jumping to the fantastic conclusion that because she once appeared in a film in which her character was the object of obsession of a weirdo who planned to kill a presidential candidate there was no further need to investigate his probable racist motives.

The facts speak for themselves!!!

I can't believe the media haven't picked up on this.

If I were an Irish Owen Jones I'd be flouncing out of here right now........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Tin foil hat stuff OP.

He aimed for Reagan, the others got hit in the crossfire. No conspiracy here. Move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

He was a sexist too. Only shot men.
    And a racist. Only shot whites.
    And he was anti american - only shot american citizens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A new new low for AH.

And it was Tim, not Jim, McCarthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Red Kev wrote: »
    Tin foil hat stuff OP.

He aimed for Reagan, the others got hit in the crossfire. No conspiracy here. Move on.

This. Just the way it happened. Shot a lot of people trying to shoot Regan.

Winterlong wrote: »
    He was a sexist too. Only shot men.
    And a racist. Only shot whites.
    And he was anti american - only shot american citizens.

I did laugh at this. Think you could also add he must have been communist, only shot capitalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

And it was Tim, not Jim, McCarthy.

He identified as a Jim for a time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Arrah, people. The OP is sarcasm, or irony, or some other often-misdefined concept where the poster doesn't actually mean what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They were all Yanks.

No Irish nationals were involved so we can breathe a sigh of relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Didn't 'they' shoot a couple of Kennedy's as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nope. Ludicrous. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement