Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T Bar vs Electric Installation

• 12-09-2016 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello,

I'm in the process of buying a house that is being built.

I want a T Bar shower in the ensuite instead of the electric shower and the builder is asking for 100 euro extra for the "plumbing and installation" of the Tbar.

The installation of the electric shower was included in the price of the house so I'm just wondering how different the plumbing required for the tbar is vs the plumbing for the electric shower?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtheman

The electric shower is just one feed pipe, either from the header tank for a pumped shower or the mains supply for a non pumped shower. A T-bar has two feeds (hot and cold) to the mixer, plus one combined feed from the mixer, so more plumbing involved. 100 euros seems very reasonable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 funi1234

youtheman wrote: »
    The electric shower is just one feed pipe, either from the header tank for a pumped shower or the mains supply for a non pumped shower. A T-bar has two feeds (hot and cold) to the mixer, plus one combined feed from the mixer, so more plumbing involved. 100 euros seems very reasonable to me.

Perfect, just wanted to be sure that it was reasonable and i wasnt being fooled.

Advertisement