Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy hosting and domain name from different companies

Options
  • 11-09-2016 9:45pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm with bluehost for hosting but they don't do .ie domains. I've found the one I want on registration365. Does anyone know if it will be difficult to have my .ie domain show up on my bluehost account? I'm doing this all very low budget for a charity so just want a very simple 'Install Wordpress' job as it normally is with bluehost, but my other sites are .com so it's simpler.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭golfcaptain

No experience with bluehost, but any i've ever used you can sign up with an existing domain (your ie address). If already setup, look for 'domain'/'nameserver' settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It's generally easy to have them from separate providers and in fact, I'd recommend you buy domain and hosting separately.

It makes it much easier to avoid lock-in and move hosting, which is something most businesses want to do every few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Sorry folks but questions about specific web hosts are prohibited as per the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement