Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying computer parts on amazon?

Options
  • 11-09-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

So i dont ever consider buying parts on amazon because of the fact that all prices are in pounds so im limited to the likes of dabs(bt enterprise) elara kmplett and mindfactory.
    But i do see some really good prices on there some times.
    I just wanted to know if anyone who has ever bought from them would be able to tell if besides the conversion rate is there any added fees because of the fact im buying in sterling.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

There are no fees. It's the perfect time to buy from the UK with the pound.

Just look out for the prime logo beside products, means they deliver it themselves so you'll get free delivery.

Also, tip, pay in sterling, not euro, their conversion rates are higher than your bank's will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jack kelly

thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Look up the app Revolut, it's a way of paying in Sterling. Very handy for ensuring you're not stung for any mad fees or expensive conversion rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Cina wrote: »
    There are no fees. It's the perfect time to buy from the UK with the pound.

Just look out for the prime logo beside products, means they deliver it themselves so you'll get free delivery.

Also, tip, pay in sterling, not euro, their conversion rates are higher than your bank's will be.

+1 on the buying in Sterling. Last week I bought a few bits and pieces off Amazon.co.uk, which they would have charged me €383 if I used their rate. I opted for sterling and my credit card was charged at €380. Small beans, but it's better in my pocket than theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Also have a look at amazon.de - you can view it in English and it's priced and charged in Euro. I'm many cases you will have to pay for postage but sometimes the savings make it worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭golfcaptain

Just a tip: When buying online from outside IE, check out parcelmotel and addresspal (they're the ones I know, may be others). You put in the UK address they assign you and so only pay UK postage. They then complete the delivery to you, for a fee of course. Loads of benefits of using them. You just have to be sure of the size weight as there's caveats there.

Advertisement