Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferguson ariva 4k

• 11-09-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Just bought one of these. There is a slight lip sync difference. wbich corrects itself when you power off and back on again. Hdmi lead was fine with the old stb. Think the firmware is up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Any other thoughts on this box for discussion. Pretty impressed so far apart from the very slight sync issue and mainly polish and German discussions on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FeeMBee

I have noticed the same with mine. It seems to be intermittent and not consistent too so difficult to troubleshoot.

I am so far impressed with the box although I would appreciate a bit more guidance/user manuals on the device and its remote control!

I have ordered a bluetooth mouse/keyboard as I find the remote is not sufficient to be operating the android apps (netflix, youtube, etc)
    I'm hoping it will be easier and quicker to navigate, search, etc. with the bluetooth controls.

One issue I have at the moment is that the Saorview channels come in at a lower volume than the ones on the freesat, which is a bit annoying when channel switching.
    The highest volume on the box isn't high enough to hear the Saorview channels; I need to increase the volume using the TV's remote. When I move onto a freesat (e.g. Channel4, BBC) the volume is much (much!) louder.

Anyone know a reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 conhen

FeeMBee wrote: »
    I have noticed the same with mine. It seems to be intermittent and not consistent too so difficult to troubleshoot.

I am so far impressed with the box although I would appreciate a bit more guidance/user manuals on the device and its remote control!

I have ordered a bluetooth mouse/keyboard as I find the remote is not sufficient to be operating the android apps (netflix, youtube, etc)
    I'm hoping it will be easier and quicker to navigate, search, etc. with the bluetooth controls.

One issue I have at the moment is that the Saorview channels come in at a lower volume than the ones on the freesat, which is a bit annoying when channel switching.
    The highest volume on the box isn't high enough to hear the Saorview channels; I need to increase the volume using the TV's remote. When I move onto a freesat (e.g. Channel4, BBC) the volume is much (much!) louder.

Anyone know a reason for this?

Haven't had that issue myself. 're the lip sync issue. Mine appears fine then gradually worsens after about 30 minutes. In reading up about it with other tv's it may be an issue with the tv's ability to process picture and sound together. Gonna have a play around with the sound settings on the tv tonight to see if it makes any difference. But my tv is a very basic cello LCD so may hot be good enough to manipulate.
    Just about mastered basic Oscam settings on the box after long and very steep learning curve too. The android system integrated is also very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭reignschaos

Hi
    I've gotten one of these boxes and having a bad time :-(

I have a 4K TV thus why I went with this model.

I spent some time working out the features of the box. Then I got my Irish TV and my Satellite searches.

Once I worked out the above I upgraded the software as of November 2016 from the offical site http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/download-odbiorniki-satelitarne/

which ment I had to restart my installation. No big deal. But from this point I have Display issues.

My TV is 4K, my HDMI cables are 2.0 and should carry 4K no problem. But the box keeps reverting back to a display setting of 720p. If you change it and reboot the setting keeps reversing.

In addition if you turn it on, or off it works grand but then it will just hang/crash, which means I have to plug out everything to get it back to respond.

Are you guys experiencing any of these issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭imnorobot

Hi
    I've gotten one of these boxes and having a bad time :-(

I have a 4K TV thus why I went with this model.

I spent some time working out the features of the box. Then I got my Irish TV and my Satellite searches.

Once I worked out the above I upgraded the software as of November 2016 from the offical site http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/download-odbiorniki-satelitarne/

which ment I had to restart my installation. No big deal. But from this point I have Display issues.

My TV is 4K, my HDMI cables are 2.0 and should carry 4K no problem. But the box keeps reverting back to a display setting of 720p. If you change it and reboot the setting keeps reversing.

In addition if you turn it on, or off it works grand but then it will just hang/crash, which means I have to plug out everything to get it back to respond.

Are you guys experiencing any of these issues?
    I don't have one of these
    But I notice on the site you posted the link to
    The filename suggests that the latest firmware 20161221 i would expect to be 21 december 2016 and your post says you updated in november so maybe ( maybe not ) this could be a newer firmware
    Worth a look
    Good luck and Happy Christmas

@imnorobot nice find. Many thanks for the heads up. I have it installed and its a lot more stable and now sees that I have a 4K TV.

I'll post again once I've gotten some miles out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 theekanne

I bought one of those half a year ago ...drove me bonkers all sorts of problems unusable really
    put it back in box.At christmas time I loaded new firmware quite happy now but one problem I have is getting disconnected from cabled internet frequently found out cable out and in again solves the problem strange.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Hi All

Im seriously considering purchasing this item, seems great on paper, almost too good for that price. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts ye have on the box since yere last posts. Any of said issues resolved or any new ones? How does Kodi perform streaming etc? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 theekanne

Hi

I am using box now for quite a while....works well incl. kodi 2 problems I have :unreliable timer recording and wifi works better than cable oddly enough....an on screen menu has been added in newer firmware with useful new functions ....much more stable than in the beginning...havent had to press the android reset button once this year

theekanne wrote: »
    Hi

I am using box now for quite a while....works well incl. kodi 2 problems I have :unreliable timer recording and wifi works better than cable oddly enough....an on screen menu has been added in newer firmware with useful new functions ....much more stable than in the beginning...havent had to press the android reset button once this year

Sounds good, its for my folks, they are looking to cancel sky and they are already savvy enough with Kodi as well. They wouldnt be recording much anyway but Wi-Fi might be an issue as router is in attic, was hoping to run Ethernet cable from it to box instead. Do you mean cable drops connection or is just slower than WiFi? Thanks

@tylercheribini, there have been about 3 firmware upgrades this year and the box is a lot more stable. It now actually provides 4K resolution (yay).

However I do have issues still with the box (but this might just be my set up also (partly))

I have 4lnbs connected to a switch tracking 13,19, 26, & 28 in addition to my Digital RTE signal. I found moving from channel to channel on the same satellite s lowish (ie there is a delay) more of a delay when moving across Dishes. This delay is even noticeable on Digital RTE signal.

In relation to the Android element, I have 2 issues. If you install Netflicks on the box the picture quality is pretty bad (its very dull). (I have other devices connected to the same TV using netflicks, just mentioning it as i did numerous tests :-) )On doing some research this seems to be normal (I stand to be corrected) when the device is not Netflick certified which this device isn't.

I also encountered an issue with Kodi, but for the live of my I can not remember. I stopped using it on the box. Also Amazon Video does not work on the box (or at least I could never get it to work). For the android features I ended up buying the Mi3 Box to provide me with the 4K picture that I thought this machine would give me in terms of my apps.

From a 4K perspective in relation to a TV channel the picture is super cool :-)

• Advertisement

@tylercheribini, there have been about 3 firmware upgrades this year and the box is a lot more stable. It now actually provides 4K resolution (yay).

However I do have issues still with the box (but this might just be my set up also (partly))

I have 4lnbs connected to a switch tracking 13,19, 26, & 28 in addition to my Digital RTE signal. I found moving from channel to channel on the same satellite s lowish (ie there is a delay) more of a delay when moving across Dishes. This delay is even noticeable on Digital RTE signal.

In relation to the Android element, I have 2 issues. If you install Netflicks on the box the picture quality is pretty bad (its very dull). (I have other devices connected to the same TV using netflicks, just mentioning it as i did numerous tests :-) )On doing some research this seems to be normal (I stand to be corrected) when the device is not Netflick certified which this device isn't.

I also encountered an issue with Kodi, but for the live of my I can not remember. I stopped using it on the box. Also Amazon Video does not work on the box (or at least I could never get it to work). For the android features I ended up buying the Mi3 Box to provide me with the 4K picture that I thought this machine would give me in terms of my apps.

From a 4K perspective in relation to a TV channel the picture is super cool :-)

Thanks, Ive already ordered it, Ill give it a go anyway. I wont have Netflix on it, hopefully Kodi functions correctly though. Cheers

Hi, still messing around with this box but am I correct in saying that one cannot watch a different channel simultaneously to the one they are recording on? When I set timer to record on a different channel to one Im viewing a countdown appears in the centre of the screen and seems to switch to recording channel then.Thanks in advance.

Advertisement