Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscribers - Remove Ads not working fully

Options
  • 11-09-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Using Chrome on Win7 and I'm still getting an ad on the right of a thread page - it has an id of "halfpage_loggedout". Have tried logging out and back in, cleared cookies & cache, and toggled the option in the control panel to enable/disable ads but no effect.

I presume this is why my posts view isn't spanning the full width of the screen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

This is back again.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

JohnK wrote: »
    This is back again.

Trying to get an answer on this for you JohnK. Has it been like this always or is it an on-and-off issue? Has it been the same ad each time?

It seems to on-and-off - it's gone again now for a couple of days. I don't think its the same ad each time but I'm not certain as I'm running an ad blocker anyway so rather than seeing the ad, I'm first noticing the issue as the post width not filling the full width of the screen since its leaving space for the ad; it was only after doing some investigating into to that I even thought to disable the ad blocker and saw the ad on the screen.

...and its back again - the same div with id halfpage_loggedout

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement