Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Linda McCartney Sausage Rolls

Options
  • 10-09-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Question for anyone who eats these. I remember a few years ago I used to be able to make the puff pastry rise in the oven which makes them flakier and more tasty. Now when I cook them the pastry barely rises at all. I have tried coating them in just olive oil, just soya milk, just almond milk, or a combination of olive oil/soya milk and nothing seems to work any more. It's a fan assisted oven and I cook them at 200 celcius. Any advice ? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I normally just use oil but this was for the red packaged ones. The new recipe one's in the white box I refuse to buy as I can't stomach the taste of their new recipe sausages and assume the sausage rolls are made with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I don't coat them with anything but they should rise when you preheat the oven and just throw them on a rack and rotate them mid way. Always takes me longer to cook them than the pack says

Advertisement