Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What order should i upgrade my pc in?

Options
  • 10-09-2016 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

My current pc:
    pentium g3258 at 3.2
    gtx 750 ti
    8gb ram
    500gb hdd
    Windows 7
    600w psu
    an lga1150

I have a budget of 600 euro

I deffinately see the cpu as a must upgrade, possibly an i5 4590(is there better at its price to preformance range, is it much better than the 4460). But after that im not sure, these are the questions i have.

Should i go for a skylake i5 and get a new motherboard and ram?
    Should i buy a cpu cooler and get an i5 4690k and overclock?
    Should i get an ssd and windows 10
    Should i get a new graphics card?
    Are these upgrades not needed all that much and instead i can put the money towards new peripherals, such as a cherry mx keyboard, new gaming mouse and pad, new desk.

These are just the questions i can think of at the moment and if you have any other suggestions that would also be greatly appreciated. My reason for upgrading is simply because its coming up to christmas, my birthday, (im 16) and i dont really want to spend my money on anything else tbh as i spend a lot of time on my computer and would like to future proof it. I don't do anything like editing and really only use the computer for gaming.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd get a 4460 and a 480 if I were you, will cost about €500, and get an SSD if you want. The 750Ti and Pentium are worth about 100 I'd guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

GTX750Ti will net you about 80, G3258 about 35. The CPU needs upgrading before anything else - the GTX750Ti will still get you through all the latest games, which cannot be said about the G3258.

But if you have 600 to spend, Digital Solitude's suggestion is about on the money. Obviously being 16 I know 600 is not easy to come by, so what I'd recommend is:

2nd hand i5 - €120
    RX470 4GB - €200
    120GB SSD - €45

Total: €370 and you have a machine that's going to be an absolutely massive upgrade and run all the latest games 2-300% faster than your current machine.

Advertisement