Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

? why iv to get a road opening license

Options
  • 10-09-2016 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

granted planning permission for a house but using a existing laneway. conditions added that i have to fit the exit onto the road up (widen and take some grass away) and apply for road opening license-but its not a new opening!
    anyone had any experience it getting this license? much hassle and any1 have to get one for an existing exit? seems odd

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

granted planning permission for a house but using a existing laneway. conditions added that i have to fit the exit onto the road up (widen and take some grass away) and apply for road opening license-but its not a new opening!
    anyone had any experience it getting this license? much hassle and any1 have to get one for an existing exit? seems odd

Road opening Licence is to dig up the public road. You don't own the road do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 1houseplease

I don't own the public road obviously. I do own the lane way which joins it, which is where the work is be completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its not a licence to create an opening / entrance onto the road, it's a licence cut open the road.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I don't own the public road obviously. I do own the lane way which joins it, which is where the work is be completed.

You have to apply for and pay for a T1/T2/T3 road opening Licence as part of digging up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

To echo what mickdw said - a road opening licence is for creating a hole/opening in a public roadway with the bucket of a digger or a shovel. Necessary for putting in water pipes, telecom and electric wires, sewers, dropped kerbs, etc etc. If you are doing works to widen the private road you may have to dig up the verge or other parts of the existing road.... I don't know your individual circumstances.

It is not a license to open a new or existing entrance onto a public road. For that you need planning permission (in most cases).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭893bet

How much does this cost for a R road?

Advertisement