Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing subjects outside of school

Options
  • 10-09-2016 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm hoping to get as much points as possible in my LC this year. I'm doing Maths and Irish at ordinary level as I'm really struggling with them, and I'm doing Accounting, Biology, Business, English and Music at higher level.

I think that I want to do Economics and French outside of school, and try them both at higher level to try and get the maximum amount of points possible. Do you guys think it will be possible to pick those subjects up and get a good grade (minimum B3/H3) in a year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

raidb wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hoping to get as much points as possible in my LC this year. I'm doing Maths and Irish at ordinary level as I'm really struggling with them, and I'm doing Accounting, Biology, Business, English and Music at higher level.

I think that I want to do Economics and French outside of school, and try them both at higher level to try and get the maximum amount of points possible. Do you guys think it will be possible to pick those subjects up and get a good grade (minimum B3/H3) in a year?

Economics would be doable I'd imagine but why would you want to do French? Are you fluent in it or do you have a relative who is? If not I can't imagine it'd be easy for you to do honours French on your own. You'll be fine with just taking on economics! That way you'll have 6 higher level subjects and the best chance at getting as high points as you need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

raidb wrote: »
    Hi,

Agricultural science is a brilliant subject to do as an extra subject and is a great subject to achieve high points in. I did Ag science outside of school in my leaving cert year and got a B1 in higher level. I couldn't recommend the subject enough.

Advertisement