Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Waterford Commute

Options
  • 10-09-2016 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Mods I apologise in advance if this has been done but I couldnt find a thread that isnt 2 years old. I know that a lot of the timetables have changed in that period. If its better to merge this then go on ahead.

Im starting a course in WIT(Mondays only) and I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions of how to get down or back up in the evening.

My classes start at 10am and finish at 5pm. My biggest problem is that I need to be back in Dublin at 8pm for work.

So far I have looked at numerous bus services (JJ Kavanaghs, Keneallys and Dublin Coach) but none of their buses get in before 10 and they all leave before 5 on the way back up.

The train wouldnt get me down on time either.

Ive also signed up to a carsharing site but so far havent had any responses.

Would anyone here have any other ideas? All would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

6.00am Dublin Coach from Burgh Quay gets into WIT 8.35am

Way back looks like it's not possible, best I can find is the 17:15 JJK from WIT that gets into Eden Quay at 20:20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Thanks very much devnull.

Yeah I saw that dublin coach alright but the luas isnt running by that stage so Im not sure how id get to burgh quay.

Looks like ill have to head down the sunday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The train gets you in for 9:40 on the timetable but in truth it will generally arrive in a little bit earlier then that.

Where are you coming in from?

Ill be coming from sandyford/kilmacud.

Yeah the train gets to waterford city at 9.40 but my classes start at 10 in WIT so thats really cutting it fine

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wow that is burn out territory right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

ED E wrote: »
    Wow that is burn out territory right there.

You'd never last that sort of commuting. You'd be much better off trying to get a job in Waterford if you don't have any other commitments in Dublin.

Its only mondays im doing this. I have work in Dublin already. I have tuesdays and wednesday off every week so ill have time to put my feet up after

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Its only mondays im doing this. I have work in Dublin already. I have tuesdays and wednesday off every week so ill have time to put my feet up after

Ahhh, misread the OP there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Thanks very much devnull.

Yeah I saw that dublin coach alright but the luas isnt running by that stage so Im not sure how id get to burgh quay.

Looks like ill have to head down the sunday evening

Which part of Sandyford? There is a Dublin Coach service from Dundrum that would connect with the WIT service via Red Cow if you fancy a bit of a walk?

Yeah I saw that but Im not sure that one waits for the other if theres any sort of delay. Thanks a million though. Ill look into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Can you start work at 9. Could bring a bike with you on the train. Not ideal but saves time.

IE 222 wrote: »
    Can you start work at 9. Could bring a bike with you on the train. Not ideal but saves time.

Im trying to start later yeah but hadnt even thouhgt of that. Nice one

Advertisement