Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Card necessary for Spain?

Options
  • 10-09-2016 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

A couple of days ago someone told me that a Green Card was necessary for driving in Spain.

I have my insurance through Doleman Insurances (and AXA). At the back of the AXA booklet there are two pages (one in English and the other with a translation in Spanish) which indicate to me that a Green Card (or a document which is valid for Spain) is not necessary.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

For countries participating in the Green Card System the Green Card is not a required document since it is substituted by the national vehicle registration plates of those countries. These countries are the Member Countries of the European Union plus Andorra, Croatia, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.

https://www.angloinfo.com/spain/how-to/page/spain-transport-vehicle-ownership-green-card-insurance

The only place I've been that required a greencard was Bosnia.

From camper.ie:
    Countries where prior notification is required by AXA before visiting and green card must be issued;
    Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Israel, Morocco, F.Y.R.O.M., Romania, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Thanks for that, crabbypaddy; much appreciated.

Advertisement