Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone got any experience with Fat Tony's barbers in Galway?

Options
  • 10-09-2016 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just wondering if they're any good. I've been to cut throat and found then excellent but they're all booked out for a week and half. I need a haircut soon so I was thinking of going to Fat Tony's.

Would ye recommended them? Or is there any other place I could go?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Galway City forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Sahil123 wrote: »
    Just wondering if they're any good. I've been to cut throat and found then excellent but they're all booked out for a week and half. I need a haircut soon so I was thinking of going to Fat Tony's.

Thanks
    If you're on the south/east side of the city headmasters in Doughuisce are good check their Fb page. Don't know if you have to book

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yeah, they are good. I usually go to the one in Barna as it's less crowded. I take my son there and they're good about listening and giving him what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Sahil123 wrote: »

Thanks

The place in Westside Shopping Centre (Savoys I think) is not bad, also Kozzie at Joyces and Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Barna and Knocknacarra are good in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Have to disagree about Kozzie. If you have a style or are particular you might not get what you expect, at least in my experience. I love the idea behind the business, but the language barrier aint great unless your chill with what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Sometimes I go to Hair Republic in Westside and sometimes in GSC -the fellow beside the Fruit and Veg at the front. Am always happy with Hair Republic and pretty much the same in GSC. Both staffs are pleasant and do a good job. I am not particularly fussy anyway.

The funny thing is that sometimes when I ask for a '3' in both places, the results are not always the same. It can be shorter in one than the other. I never understand why.

But both are good I find. I just don't like talking to staff when they are cutting my hair. I want to switch off. Mostly I can not hear them over the noise and I just mumble 'really?' or 'OK' or my usual 'God above' in response to anything I might hear.

It may explain some queer looks I get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I find the barber beside Terryland Fruit and Veg is pretty great, only started going there because it's right because work and funny enough, everytime I went to the place in Liosbuan, whether morning, noon or night there was always a queue! The place beside the Fruit and Veg rarely any queue, and they do a pretty good job with good attention to detail. It's a bit tucked away but worth giving a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sahil123

Thanks for all the replies! I actually found Kozzies mentioned a few times on boards in similar threads, but personally I didn't like them very much. Last time I went in there, they cut it too short and didn't really listen to what I wanted. I'll have a look into all the barberhsops mentioned anyway and see where to go.
    Thanks again everyone :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I usually go to the younger guy in fat Tony's on middle street, quite happy with the care and attention to detail he takes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Lorikeet111

I usually go to the younger guy in fat Tony's on middle street, quite happy with the care and attention to detail he takes
    He is one of the best in town, seriously cool technique with a scissors

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Tom is great, another +1 from me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dorey80

Advertisement