Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truma Therm water heater

Options
  • 09-09-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

im new to the caravan scene so this is probably a stupid question, there are 2 pipes coming from the heater with taps (going out through the floor) one is to drain the actual main water tank, it it normal for air to fly out the other one when you run the water tap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

im new to the caravan scene so this is probably a stupid question, there are 2 pipes coming from the heater with taps (going out through the floor) one is to drain the actual main water tank, it it normal for air to fly out the other one when you run the water tap?
    The other one is probably to drain the water heater. If you leave the tap running for long enough the air will be replaced by water. You should close the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 roland deschain

thats the funny thing, the tap is closed, yet air seems to be escaping. faulty tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

thats the funny thing, the tap is closed, yet air seems to be escaping. faulty tap?
    Any photos? It's hard to say without seeing the set up.

i have it solved, removed the tap and blocked off the pipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

i have it solved, removed the tap and blocked off the pipe!

Did you get a Plumber to sort it out or did you do it yourself?

• Advertisement

i tackled it myself, i was having problems with the water since i bought the caravan. i think the 2 taps on the system (one for water and one for air) must have been leaking because when i removed them and blocked off the pipes everything is working fine? basically the water one was always dripping even when closed and the air one was blowing out air when i turned of the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

i tackled it myself, i was having problems with the water since i bought the caravan. i think the 2 taps on the system (one for water and one for air) must have been leaking because when i removed them and blocked off the pipes everything is working fine? basically the water one was always dripping even when closed and the air one was blowing out air when i turned of the tap.

I would strongly urge you to have a registered gas engineer look at the appliance and to make sure that the appliance is safe to use. Do you have a Carbon Monoxide alarm fitted in your caravan?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

I think you mean CO, carbon monoxide, detector.

Advertisement