Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union student loan

Options
  • 09-09-2016 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Does anyone know, are they the same as an ordinary credit union loan in that you must have regular savings?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

MazzR wrote: »
    Does anyone know, are they the same as an ordinary credit union loan in that you must have regular savings?

Depends on the lending policy at your local CU... many are reducing or even doing away with the savings before borrowing requirement...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭MazzR

Depends on the lending policy at your local CU... many are reducing or even doing away with the savings before borrowing requirement...

Thank you

MazzR wrote: »
    Thank you

You're very welcome

I've been with the credit union for more years than I care to remember. I currently have about 2,500 in savings but a loan out as well. I thought the first loan was double your savings, the second twice and so on. Is that still the case, does anyone know? I'm thinking maybe trying to pay off the loan and then borrow against the savings. Thank you

I'll just paste my original answer again...
    "Depends on the lending policy at your local CU... many are reducing or even doing away with the savings before borrowing requirement..."

Advertisement