Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you buy BF1?

Options
  • 09-09-2016 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Will you Buy BF1?

This took ages to make.

Will you buy BF1? 69 votes

Yes I have 0 BF games
    0% 0 votes
    No I have 0 BF Games
    4% 3 votes
    Yes I have 1 Bf Game
    0% 0 votes
    No I Have 1 BF Game
    11% 8 votes
    Yes I have 2 BF games
    0% 0 votes
    No I have 2 BF Games
    11% 8 votes
    Yes I Have 3 Bf games
    4% 3 votes
    No I Have 3 BF games
    11% 8 votes
    Yes I Have 4 BF Games
    0% 0 votes
    No I Have 4 BF games
    34% 24 votes
    Yes I Have 10+ Bf Games
    2% 2 votes
    No I have 10+ Bf Games
    18% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I voted seeing as you put so much effort into the poll.

Have BF4 and Hardline. Loved BF4 and got my money's worth from Hardline.

Logged onto BF1 last night just to listen to the music. Already purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I will if my machine will run it. Currently using a Workstation-class DELL Precision and it's grand for BF4, but haven't tested BF1 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm interested in the people who have 5 6 7 8 or 9 bf games....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Surely a 'Yes and I have played Battlefield games previously' and 'Yes and I haven't played Battlefield previously' and the corresponding 'No' options would have been much easier!

That said though I have owned 9 BF games - BF1942, BF2, BF2142, BC, BC2, Vietnam, BF3, BF4 and Hardline...

Also owned BF2 on the Xbox and Xbox 360 (different game to the PC version) and BF1943 on the Xbox so...technically 12. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Won't be getting BF1 as I'm not into the WW1 setting or gameplay. If they revamped BF4 or maybe BF2143 I would have jumped on it.

Or better again Bad Company 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

had to check if there have been 10+ battlefield games and if I owned them, but I've owned most of them (ignoring add on packs of the 13 only 2 I havnt owned/played was the modern combat on the consoles and battlefield play4free) even though I really downloaded Heroes cause of that theme song *whistle* and hardline I got free with my xbox one. So I guess you can argue its only 9.

Anyway

yes I'll be getting battlefield 1, I had a tonne of fun in the beta, I'd say its been the most fun beta I've played of the recent titles, only bf3 was as much fun as a beta (and thats only after they added Caspian boarder) and that didnt run nearly as well as bf1 did for me.

Only issue I have is I need to sort out my new job before it's release so I can afford it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im still on the fence about it.Been playing battlefield games since 1942 on dial up!!!!

Loved 1942,desert combat,vietnam,bad company 2.
    Battlefield 3 was so so and I hated BF4.

Think after 3 the clan play was **** (on pc)

Been playing the early access 10 hour trial on Xb1 and Im starting to get into it.

Still have my gamong pc which I upgraded for every Battlefield release.

Will BF1 make me go out and upgrade this time??

I really don't know.Depends on if the Tig lads are going to get into it this time round.Ill dust off my clan tags if they are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played 5 hours of 10 of full game via origin access and its a bit meh.
    Add that to time I played on open beta,its just not doing it for me.
    I got bored of the open beta and can see myself bored of BF1 after 20 hours or so.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I agree Cully..it is a bit "meh" as you said.

Doesn't feel like a Battlefield game.
    Definitely not worth dropping 300-400 on an upgrade for yet.

I didn't expect to like it, but I really liked the beta after a few hours, it really won me over. Now, I do have my doubts that it'll be as good overall as Battlefield 4, or offer the same longevity. But I paid €40 for it, and I'm confident that I'll get every cents worth of value and beyond at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

played them all since BF2.. Hardline being the worst.. But this looks great,now if only it were tuesday 12.00am..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bought deluxe :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I will. Infinite warfare beta was rubbish for me, and a world war one game on PS4 pro sounds cool as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Spends ages on BF2 on the PC
    Still spending hours upon hours on BF3 on Xbox360, after enjoying Bad Company.
    Didn't bother with BF4 / Hardline, and can't even choose whether I'll get BF1 as it's not on the 360.

I'm still getting enjoyment from BF3, so I'm not sure I'd get it even if I had an XboxOne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Hoping to pick up deluxe this week for €53.99 on origin with "Origin access discount" and "AMD Rewards" discount for buynig my RX480! :)

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Spends ages on BF2 on the PC
    Still spending hours upon hours on BF3 on Xbox360, after enjoying Bad Company.
    Didn't bother with BF4 / Hardline, and can't even choose whether I'll get BF1 as it's not on the 360.

I'm still getting enjoyment from BF3, so I'm not sure I'd get it even if I had an XboxOne.

The difference is so night and day, though, in terms of gameplay and scale.

360 versions of older Battlefield games are 24 player on small-medium maps, PC/Current console versions are 64 player on large maps.

I have copies of BF3 and BF4 on the 360 and while Team Deathmatch and other objective modes are OK, the classic conquest modes are very poor.

It's not to say they're not enjoyable in some ways, but Battlefield was never really designed with such low player numbers.

The XB360/PS3 and XB1/PS4 versions of Battlefield 4 might as well be different games, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Won't be getting BF1 as I'm not into the WW1 setting or gameplay. If they revamped BF4 or maybe BF2143 I would have jumped on it.

Or better again Bad Company 3.

I'd love someone to define what they want in a bad company 3 that would be so different to battlefield 5 or 1.

Don't get it.

BFBC2 was great then but move the flip on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Yeah I'll buyvit. Didnt bother with B4 or any expansions.. But will defo be buying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Played 1, DC and a lot of BF2. Didn't get into BF3 for a long time, by the time 4 had already come out in fact and I never bought it. Have preordered BF for the quiv of 42e and I've a mate I'll be playing with so I'll be very surprised if I don't at least get 'my monies worth'. Nothing I've seen so far says I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Already preordered. Can't wait for Thursday

• Advertisement
Advertisement