Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from accounting to history?

Options
  • 08-09-2016 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi lads , I'm in 6th year now and I'm doing accounting as one of my subjects. I'm absolutely awful at it and I hate it with a passion. I have been thinking of switching to history. I'm aware it's a large course but to someone whose genuinely interested in it is it doable in 1 year? I got an A in the junior but I've been told it's much more opinion based now. I got a b in my English summer exams if that has any bearing. My old history teacher has offered to correct my essays and to sneak me out of religion (not a subject in my school) to learn the 5th year stuff with people who did crap in the summer exams. For anyone with experience in either or both, what do you think I should do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

It's an awful lot to cover in a year. And you'll have the project to do as well as keeping up with the work. Is history a long term goal career wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Clueless69

It's an awful lot to cover in a year. And you'll have the project to do as well as keeping up with the work. Is history a long term goal career wise.

Honestly I'm not sure , I'm just thinking points wise at the moment , I had a bad 5th year so I'm jittery about what I'm going to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

I wouldn't switch to history this late. The course is too big.

Could you drop to OL accounting or drop the subject altogether?

Advertisement