Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi private consultants Holles street

Options
  • 08-09-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi I'm pregnant on my second child and I'm going semi private this time due to a medical complaint that's non pregnancy related but my treatment my need to be adjusted due to my pregnancy. Can anyone recommend a consultant in Holles street?

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I'm private with Dr. Shane Higgins and I can't say enough good things about him. He is so patient and caring and I feel he really listens. I had some other issues with my cervix prior to becoming pregnant and he has just been super!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

stickybean wrote: »
    I'm private with Dr. Shane Higgins and I can't say enough good things about him. He is so patient and caring and I feel he really listens. I had some other issues with my cervix prior to becoming pregnant and he has just been super!!!

I'm attending Shane Higgins privately too, he is really lovely and I can't recommend him enough. I think he only does private care however and not semi-private.

From the list, two friends have had their babies delivered by Peter McPartland and Loaise O'Brien and both came highly recommended.

http://www.nmh.ie/maternity-care-options/semi-private-clinic.1026.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Merkin wrote: »
    I'm attending Shane Higgins privately too, he is really lovely and I can't recommend him enough. I think he only does private care however and not semi-private.

From the list, two friends have had their babies delivered by Peter McPartland and Loaise O'Brien and both came highly recommended.

http://www.nmh.ie/maternity-care-options/semi-private-clinic.1026.html
    I would not recommend one doctor mentioned, for medical reasons. PM me for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

We had Laoise and she is lovely. If something had gone wrong I feel she would have been very good however I had a straightforward enough pregnancy.

She's very busy though and at times was waiting over an hour (and many times much longer) to see her. I was disappointed she didn't come to see me on the ward at all. My last appointment hadn't been with her either as it was a bank hol and she only has the semi private clinic on a Monday afternoon so I had to go to a different lady.
    Good luck with your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

im attending Stephen Carrol in the semi private clinic i attended him last time too and found him grand. To be honest as a semi p patient you dont see too much of them the clinic appts last at most 5 mins and they dont attend the birth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Claralee

lazygal wrote: »
    I would not recommend one doctor mentioned, for medical reasons. PM me for information.
    Id be interested in hearing this too please?First baby and feeling totally overwhelmed with all the decisions when trying to work full time too. Help appreciated

Advertisement