Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to pay for bus eireann

Options
  • 08-09-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Do I just pay on the bus or do I have to get a ticket online? If I pay on the bus will I need exact change or is change given? And when I have to change bus to I pay for each bus separately or pay once at the start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

Daft Tommy wrote: »
    Do I just pay on the bus or do I have to get a ticket online? If I pay on the bus will I need exact change or is change given? And when I have to change bus to I pay for each bus separately or pay once at the start

you can pay online or on the bus, change will be given. if you have a through ticket e.g Carlow to Cork and need to change in Waterford the one ticket will suffice once you purchase it initially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Daft Tommy wrote: »

Cheaper online!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 smncnnr

There's a discount (5% I think) for online tickets plus if you join the loyalty scheme Béclub, you can earn points towards free tickets. Only issue is that some stops are not covered by online tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It is best if paying on the bus to have as close to the exact fare as you can manage, bus drivers don't like fifty euro notes.

Advertisement