Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using 30 Day Rambler on Train

Options
  • 08-09-2016 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

This might be an odd question but I am getting conflicting information on this issue.

My girlfriend has a 30-day rambler leap card for the bus but would be looking to use the train instead to get to/from college this year.

Looking at the Dublin bus site it says leap cards can be used on both services but when I check how it works for the 30-day rambler I am not seeing any info. I am seeing info about the card being capped at a certain amount for the day when used so it's a bit confusing.

Does this mean the days she has left on her 30-day rambler leap card can be used on both services or does she have to add credit to the card to use it on the train?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭howiya

I think she would need to add credit to the card to use the train. The 30 day rambler is a DB product

• Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

LEAP Card can be used in two modes:

1) E-purse pay-as-you-go - requires cash to be loaded onto the card
    2) Prepaid tickets loaded onto the card

The rambler ticket is solely a Dublin Bus product that can be loaded onto the card. She would need to buy a prepaid Irish Rail ticket and load it onto the card or use the epurse to use LEAP on the train.

For full info on LEAP options see this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057567639

Or go to www.leapcard.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if memory serves, i've done this before - luas and bus annual leap card, and i added credit to it to use it on the dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

if memory serves, i've done this before - luas and bus annual leap card, and i added credit to it to use it on the dart.

For clarity, it's not an "annual LEAP card".

As above, LEAP is a card into which you can load up to 5 different ticket products at one time and use the epurse facility as well. Every card has that facility, but certain tickets require the personalised card with your photo on it.

In your case it's a personalised LEAP card which has an annual bus/LUAS ticket loaded on to it, and as with any other LEAP card you can use the epurse facility on all the other services listed in the link I referred to in the post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Thanks for the help guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

It's exactly what howiya said.

Advertisement