Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best boozers in Clonmel ?

Options
  • 08-09-2016 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

heading down with a group of 30 for a pitch & putt weekend tomorrow. All lads ( 40+). Staying 2 night in Minella.

Looking for recommendations for:

1. Good pub, traditional, near to bookies, nice pint (of guinness is a must). A pool table would not hurt.

2. Music bar that servers late. Not a kip.

Have Tieneys, Mulcahys, Gleesons & Phil Carrolls earmarked.

Thoughts from locals ??

Also, is it walking distance from our hotel or just jump in a taxi ?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Music bar that serves late....there really is only one Bakers, just above Phil Carrolls. I personally would avoid Tierneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭All in all

Eldons may be another for your list.

Bakers, Eldons, Phil Carrolls all 15 minute walk from Minella, none have pool tables.

Gleeson & Mulcahys - 5/10 minutes further do have pool tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Perfect. Cheers lads. That's all I needed. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

Eldon's Divanes (is it still there even?) Mulcahy's are all good.

O'Keeffes used to be good but all the scumbags started going there when Dannos closed. Hole of a place now.

The Harp on the narrow street.:rolleyes:

In my experience pubs that have synergystic relationships with bookies are usually absolute knacker holes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gleesons is your best spot. Beside a bookies, pool table, great drink. 2 big screens for the sport and great live music on the weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Loughc wrote: »
    Gleesons is your best spot. Beside a bookies, pool table, great drink. 2 big screens for the sport and great live music on the weekends.
    Gleesons was savage. A Ska tribute band in there sat night. Smashing time. Great recommendation. We had a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭cml387

Musketeer4 wrote: »
    Eldon's Divanes (is it still there even?) Mulcahy's are all good.

O'Keeffes used to be good but all the scumbags started going there when Dannos closed. Hole of a place now.

The Harp on the narrow street.:rolleyes:

In my experience pubs that have synergystic relationships with bookies are usually absolute knacker holes.

The Harp on the narrow street did indeed have a poor reputation but it was damaged by fire ages ago and hasn't opened since.

The same fate befell Devane's earlier this year.

Advertisement