Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth too sensitive for metal labret?

Options
  • 08-09-2016 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭

Posting for a friend who has a labret piercing but has been looking for a plastic replacement so the hole doesn't close up. They stopped using their metal labret's as they have very sensitive teeth and felt the metal was causing them pain.

They checked bioflex but from looking here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Legitpiercing/comments/2zdcb6/is_bioflex_really_that_bad/

It appears it's maybe not a good option and perhaps there's no safe option for plastic, including bioflex?

Would anyone have any more info or advice on what solution there could be that won't cause issues with the teeth and will be safe to use semi permanently? Any feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Never knew that about Bioflex jewellery. I've been wearing Bioplast for years in various labret piercings without issue. Had to wear that material as I chew on bars and figured it was better to chew through plastic than attempt to do so with titanium.

The only other material I could think of is glass, but not sure how practical that is and it's not exactly flexible either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the reply. I think glass was mentioned in the reddit post too so maybe worth looking into. I'm wondering would wood be an option too maybe. Can't imagine a natural wood having any negative affect the way plastic might.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭cormie

little bump :)

Advertisement