Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schengen Visa for spouse of Non-EU

Options
  • 07-09-2016 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi guys I have a query for anyone who may have been in this situation before. I am an Irish citizen married to an Indian national. My arrived in to Ireland on a multi entry C visa and we were married here in April. Now because my wife entered on a C visa and not the correct D visa we were advised we would have to apply to the INIS so she could get permission to remain in Ireland and allow her to register and get a GNIB card. This was done and we are waiting now since April for permission for her to remain in Ireland.

My question relates to the Schengen visa as we have planned a trip in October to Italy. I am aware my wife will need a visa for us to travel, however as she does not have residency here in Ireland and also does not have a GNIB card yet I do not think she will be able to get a Schengen visa. My question is if anyone has been in this situation before is there a way for my wife to get a Schengen Visa? Is there someone I should contact or something I am missing?

Any messages would be much appreciated.

Advertisement