Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading basic Dell PC for parents

Options
  • 07-09-2016 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I picked up a refurbished PC on Amazon at short notice last month as parents old PC died.

It cost 90 euro delivered and works fine but could do with some more power. Spec's below, can anyone recommend cheap and cheerful upgrades?

Thanks
    Windows 7 - Dell OptiPlex 760 Desktop Computer - Powerful Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.5GHz Processor - Wi Fi Enabled - 250GB Hard Drive - 4GB Memory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Get an E8600 for around €10 2nd hand to replace the current processor and throw in a basic 120GB SSD for €40.

The SSD will make the biggest difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Agreed with the SSD.

I have had to computer hop a little over the last few days with helping the mother, sister and an alarm guy and I honestly don't know how they can handle the slowness of the computers. Painful.

Advertisement