Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English schools in d6

Options
  • 07-09-2016 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Should these be asked to move start times to 9.30 so they don't add to an already overcrowded green line at peak hrs. In fairness it should be an easy enough win for dublin transport managers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

How do you think transport managers would fare negotiating with asti, into or the tui?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Should these be asked to move start times to 9.30 so they don't add to an already overcrowded green line at peak hrs. In fairness it should be an easy enough win for dublin transport managers

Would you not just push the problem to going home time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

How do you think transport managers would fare negotiating with asti, into or the tui?

:rolleyes:

As far as I am aware all of the English Language schools are private companies.
    I doubt the asti or tui are anywhere near them.

In actual fact they need to have a license issued by the govt to operate, they could very easily stipulate that the schools cannot hold classes between X and Y - the bunches of kids adding to the already overcrowded luas would just turn up later.
    MICKEYG wrote: »
    Would you not just push the problem to going home time?
    Most of the English language schools are 9am to 1.30 or 2pm - there would be no real issue here I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why is the schools who have to modify their times?
    what is the peak time on the luas anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

RobAMerc wrote: »

Why don't you ask your boss if you can start earlier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

why is the schools who have to modify their times?
    what is the peak time on the luas anyway?

Peak time seems to be 8.30 to 9am
    Why don't you ask your boss if you can start earlier?

Whats this got to do with me ?
    Of course I can start earlier, I actually dont even use it that much anyway. What I am talking about is using a bit of planning to relieve a crowding problem on the LUAS caused by hordes of students getting on for classes that could quite easily be moved to an off peak start time.

Me starting earlier or later alone wont help this.

Advertisement