Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community Work for 16 yr old

Options
  • 06-09-2016 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi, my son is looking for voluntary work for a two week period at end of October. Hes looking at working in the local Oxfam or SVP but I was wondering would there by any other place he could volunteer where he might get a bit more of a sense of "volunteering" and wanting to give, if that makes any sense as opposed to working in a shop. Dont get me wrong, Id say he'll learn a lot but just want him to make the most of this opportunity.

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The VdeP have teams of painters who help painting flats for people in dire straits, but it's possible his age may come against him there.
    No harm ask them.

Advertisement