Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth travelling to do a PLC course?

Options
  • 06-09-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm thinking about whether I should do a Social Studies Level 5 in a PLC. There is nothing local or within walking distance. The closest one to me is an hours bus drive.
    I would have to get up every morning at 7 am and be back at 5:30 pm everyday. I'm passionate about the subject but is it really worth the travelling everyday to do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Obbly wrote: »
    I'm thinking about whether I should do a Social Studies Level 5 in a PLC. There is nothing local or within walking distance. The closest one to me is an hours bus drive.
    I would have to get up every morning at 7 am and be back at 5:30 pm everyday. I'm passionate about the subject but is it really worth the travelling everyday to do it?

Welcome to post leaving cert life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I'm passionate about the subject

I think you have answered your own question.
    Those hours are not that bad, I wouldn't mind having those hours for current working life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I'm passionate about the subject but is it really worth the travelling everyday to do it?

:pac:

Thanks OP you really gave me a giggle there!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭wehuntmonsters

For my PLC I had to do it every day for three years (A level 4 before my PLC as well). I would be away from home for twelve out of twenty four hours. Up at 6 a.m., bus at 6.30 a.m. and I wouldn't be back until 6 p.m. (that was early, it depended on Bus Eireann). If you want it badly, you'll do anything to get it.

Advertisement