Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tús maith leath na hoibre (Ponguin)

Options
  • 05-09-2016 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

So I'm 4 days in now but hoping to start 6th year off on the right foot. 5th year results were:
    Gaeilge (HL): 89
    Maths (HL): 90
    English (HL): 62
    French (HL): 88
    Biology (HL): 93
    Chemistry (HL): 86.5
    Art (HL): 86
    LCVP: N/A

I'm still unsure as to whether or not to quit LCVP but it's been reduced to one class a week now so I'll see how it goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ponguin

Wrote up a study plan last night.
    Today, after homework I did;
    Biology: Revised Photosynthesis, Light and dark stages, 1 exam question and a few questions from our book.
    Gaeilge: Revised notes and made new notes on Oisín i dTír na nÓg.
    Art: Read Over all of Early Christian Ireland in ReviseWise.

Once I actually sat down it wasn't too bad at all. I did study first then homework so I wouldn't lose motivation 😜

Yesterday along with homework I did:
    Maths: Revision on the line, looked over Xmas 2015 test
    English: Made a few flashcards of Eavan Boland (War Horse)
    French: Revised Aller, Devoir and Courir
    Feeling bogged down atm due to the endless Biology notes being given to us to transfer into our notes copy.

Yesterday all I did was read over act 1 scenes 1&2 of hamlet and wrote out the key quotes on flashcards - really starting to feel drained after only a week back

So I reeaally neglected self study this weekend but not feeling to guilty as I had a poetry essay and an art history essay to do 😆 I'm thinking of changing my study plan to 1 long session of the same subject as opposed to 3 small blocks - hopefully it'll work out lol

Ahh again I failed to study or do anything basically this whole weekend. Today I did an Irish essay as homework but that's pretty much it - in all fairness I was sick the whole weekend and worked for 14.5 hours so hopefully I won't find it too hard to get back on track

• Advertisement

Ahh again I failed to study or do anything basically this whole weekend. Today I did an Irish essay as homework but that's pretty much it - in all fairness I was sick the whole weekend and worked for 14.5 hours so hopefully I won't find it too hard to get back on track

Got maths test back today ~ 97% lol it was frustrating because I integrated everything correctly but I lost marks on forgetting a minus sign and accidentally dividing 24 by 3 and getting 6 :P
    Had a biology test on respiration and it did not go well whatsoever- really need to revise the testing for ethanol.
    Revising Structure of Flowering plants now, going to read some hamlet later and hopefully get a start on my Hopkins essay 🙄

So last night after homework I did;
    Maths: Read over notes on the circle, I'll do an exam q tonight
    English: Read over T.S Eliot's poems and an essay from last year
    Art History: Did an essay on the Bronze Age from 2014

It seems I'm really starting to lose my grip on things. When ever I get English homework I just spend excessive amounts of time on it. I love English but exam wise it is my worst subject - I run out of time constantly - I'd love if someone could just honestly tell me what I need to do to improve exam wise as my class work is usually to a much higher standard

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Ponguin wrote: »
    It seems I'm really starting to lose my grip on things. When ever I get English homework I just spend excessive amounts of time on it. I love English but exam wise it is my worst subject - I run out of time constantly - I'd love if someone could just honestly tell me what I need to do to improve exam wise as my class work is usually to a much higher standard

Hi ponguin I was just wondering if you have any tips for Hl maths cuz ur results look good I'm in 5th year and we have just finished algebra 2
    Please and thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement