Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Architect in the city..

Options
  • 05-09-2016 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

get yourself a good builder and you may not need an architect

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    get yourself a good builder and you may not need an architect

Like any professional, most Architects will have a chat with you as to what the process involves, any applications you need and give you an idea of costs etc.

You could start by making a list from a search and start ringing around, there are some good lads and lasses around well worth their salt, the Local Authority planning search engine might throw up a few similar types of works for you to look at, you can get names from those searches as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Apologies, I 'll tell the builder we got, it's all wrong, tear it down. Best of luck with the build"

Horses for courses...
    Builder for building, Architect for designing...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Fair point I guess. We did get a great builder though, great advice and great job. Very impressed with his work. Op May require architect as job sounds more serious than what we did. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I would say one of the best around. Used them for a few projects now and great to work with.

http://www.cjfa.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭invara

If I had the money I would get an architect... but like all professionals there is good or bad. So I would meet two or three and get a feel for what they are like.... find a good fit.

I really like the work of Rojo, Tom Finnegan in fumbly, and DHB as they do very strong design.... James Reynolds is very good at conservation and project management. These are very personal views from limited experience and I do not know all the professional s in the city. So hopefully others comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭iseegirls

robtri wrote: »
    I would say one of the best around. Used them for a few projects now and great to work with.

http://www.cjfa.ie/

Might be taking this off on a different angle, but I see St Martins Special School there as job in progress. Are they moving site, or rebuilding on their own site?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

We went with Bill Hogan on Catherine St for our extension and downstairs redesign. Very happy with the design, plus all his follow-up during the building stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Declan Carroll of Peter S Carroll and Co. Have used Declan and heard excellent recommendations to match my own.
    Excellent guy - thorough, professional, accurate and a nice man.
    I recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Declan Carroll also. Did great work for us and very good to deal with

Advertisement