Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CPC for C Licence Holder

Options
  • 05-09-2016 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

HI All?

Can't seem to find a simple answer on this. I have held a C drivers license since 2008, yet never had reason to acquire a CPC as I drove for myself and driving was not main profession.

I wish to get a CPC now with a view to seeking extra work, but am really confused by all the details. Do i have 'acquired rights' and does this mean anything anymore? What stages of qualification would I need to complete? Would I need to actually complete a driving test again? And, most importantly, how soon could I possibly be able to legally take employed driving work??

Many thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

you had to have the license prior to 2008 and I think also becuase you wouldnt have taken up the aquired rights in 2008 or done any cpc training at all you will have to do the cpc test. Its 32 quid plus you need a truck. Its a piss easy test and done in about 15 minutes

Advertisement