Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap PSU - ideas?

Options
  • 05-09-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭

I've had to send off my PSU to corsair for them to look at and send me in a new one. Estimated time frame was 3 weeks they said. Anyone know anywhere that sells something to tide me over for 3 weeks? Nee or second hand, don't care. Don't have a massive budget for it but just need something to scratch my itch for gaming!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd say adverts would be the best option. Even buying a budget-orientated model online, with postage charges wouldn't be hugely cost effective.

What are the specs of the PC? If it's literally a low power machine that only requires about 200w, one of these half-baked supplies will do a few weeks as a backup.

If it's a decent gaming rig of any kind, this is half decent.

If by 'not a massive budget' you mean around €40-50, few quality XFX, Corsair models available in that price range.

Have a look on adverts though, could be one nearby you could pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Cheers terror, had looked on adverts but didn't see any basic ones there. I have a 1060 so need around 350-400 watts ideally. Thanks for the links though.

Advertisement