Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAP card when child turns 16

Options
  • 05-09-2016 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm having a spot of bother with the leap card folks and want to make sure of things.

My son had a leap personalised child leap card three years ago when he started secondary school. It has his photo and we had to do the age verification thing.

He lost the card over the summer so I ordered a new card online. I had to upload a new photo and the new card has arrived and works grand, the credit also carried over.

I went online to check if the auto top-up carried over. It didn't.

I noticed that the card expires this month when he turns 16. The new card says 16-18 on it. So they issued a card that expires in 3 weeks.

Leap card people are now saying he has to get a new card and go through the pita age validation process all over again.

Does this sound right to people? Does everyone who has one of the old personalised child leap cards have to get re-validated when they turn 16 or is this just a result of losing the card and having to get a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

If you had the one up to 15 then you need to verify the age to get the 16 to 18 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It's a different product, so yes unfortunately you have to repeat the procedure when you migrate from the Under 16 to 16-18 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,276 ✭✭✭✭ted1

lxflyer wrote: »
    It's a different product, so yes unfortunately you have to repeat the procedure when you migrate from the Under 16 to 16-18 card.

That's ridiculous , the card should just migrate over.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

ted1 wrote: »
    That's ridiculous , the card should just migrate over.

Yeah, his age has been verified once already. The leap people have simply decided that since the under 16 age validated card is no longer used they have no interest in helping people who have one. It's a poor attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

maclek wrote: »

I noticed that the card expires this month when he turns 16. The new card says 16-18 on it. So they issued a card that expires in 3 weeks.

Just a word of warning. Those age card are automatically blocked on the expiry date and can't be used. There is no way for bus/luas/dart to accept them even if there is credit on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement