Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for boyfriend advice

Options
  • 05-09-2016 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

My boyfriend has a PS4 and I'd like to get him some accessories for it but I'm not sure where to start. He already has a decent headset.

Any thoughts?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

*snip*

Mod edit - not particularly helpful or appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Could be wasting money on accessories he doesn't need.

Can I suggest, if he has a Samsung phone (Galaxy 5 or 6 or a recent note) ....to get him a Samsung Gear VR.
    It's the entry level into VR and I'm sure if he is anyway inclined towards games...which obviously he is as you're posting here for him.....then he'd get a real kick out it :)

It prob costs around 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What's the budget for the pressie?

There isn't a huge lot of "must have" accessories for the PS4, once you have a controller and a decent headset you are pretty much set. You could look at a PS Vita, it is a hand held console that allows remote play from the PS4. However developer support is limited so there isn't a lot of new games coming out on it, so I don;t know how much use he would get out of it.

If you can stretch to the PSVR it is coming in October and is the only must have accessory, it is a game changer in the industry. But it is €400.

If you are looking to stay below €100 the best bet is prob a new game and a 12 months PS+ subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

An extra controller so that both of you can play something? If he doesn't have two pads already, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Maybe a game that he wants would be good, and if you can get him a hoodie/t-shirt for his favorite game. Maybe an addition controller, but I'm not sure how many games are supporting two controllers these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As a gamer I always like to get present in a form of voucher. Nothing worse then getting a game or accessory that is meh or I just don't need it.
    Considering or your budget, you could get him a voucher. If you got bigger budget, you could get gamestop, Amazon or argos voucher with a note something like: " A little starter towards your new PlayStation 4 neo".
    Or best thing to do is just go and ask him what he wants. Throw few ideas. At least in my opinion is always better to get present that you want or use, then a surprise that you moght or not might like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Playstation plus subscription or a PSN Voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sqdz

PSVR -> https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/explore/playstation-vr/

Coming probably in september/october.. But I don't know if he need a ps4k (neo).

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

I have the vita and its great for remote play. You can connect to your PS4 from anywhere in the world once it has a internet connection I have not tried this yet but people I know have and say its great.

Could try a gaming chair. but since he has a decent headset may not be the greatest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I always wanted one of those white or blue controllers, as my birthday is coming up soon. Oh, hey what a coinsidence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

What games is he into? FIFA 17 will be out soon and can be bought for around 50 euro in Super Valu if you are quick on release day. That's of course if he is into FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

OP here, thanks for all your responses! I think I'll go with a voucher towards a game, hadn't even thought of that and its probably my safest bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

OP here, thanks for all your responses! I think I'll go with a voucher towards a game, hadn't even thought of that and its probably my safest bet.

Gear VR, will blow his mind !! Trust me :D

Advertisement