Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could anyone reccomend a good site to buy good PC desks

Options
  • 04-09-2016 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Does anyone know of any good sites that sell good PC desks for under 200euro or can anyone recommend a specific desk
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

IKEA sometimes have nice desks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Can't recommend anywhere which is why I commissioned a carpenter to build a desk for my proportions and it costed 200 quid. Everything in stores was too small, flimsy or had stuff in the way of the leg area. Or too big and/or expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What carpenter did you use, as a matter of interest, and what's the finished desk look like?

Serephucus wrote: »
    What carpenter did you use, as a matter of interest, and what's the finished desk look like?
    fuKj9Aj.jpg

Strong computer. Potato phone.

PM'ing you the contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

http://www.huntoffice.ie/trexus-classic-desk-panelled-rectangular-w1400xd800xh725mm-beech-417721.html
    Bought this 2 years ago the 1600mm size. Loads of room have 2 27" on separate monitor arms. Amazingly solid simply no movement in it. I got it delivered to Cork after only 2 days ordering it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Can you pm me the carpenter's number? Have a desk idea in mind id love to get made

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Home store and more have some nice ones in stock and they are half price this month :)

EDIT: might not be half price now but are still decent desks at good prices :)

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/furniture/tables+chairs/icat/homtabcha

Can you pm me the carpenter's number? Have a desk idea in mind id love to get made

I'll forward you the previous PM.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Home store and more have some nice ones in stock and they are half price this month :)

EDIT: might not be half price now but are still decent desks at good prices :)

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/furniture/tables+chairs/icat/homtabcha
    You sneezing would knock those computer desks over and the space is minimal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    You sneezing would knock those computer desks over and the space is minimal.

Will ya go away out of that, I was in homestore and more looking at them on saturday and a sneeze sure as hell wouldnt knock them over. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Will ya go away out of that, I was in homestore and more looking at them on saturday and a sneeze sure as hell wouldnt knock them over. :rolleyes:
    Probably stunned at there build quality alright you can put your coloring pencils in the drawer as-well :D

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Probably stunned at there build quality alright you can put your coloring pencils in the drawer as-well :D

Well the OP is looking for a computer desk and I offered a solution. Its up to the OP if he wants to pursue it or not so how about keeping your snarky comments to yourself

Well the OP is looking for a computer desk and I offered a solution. Its up to the OP if he wants to pursue it or not so how about keeping your snarky comments to yourself
    I wasn't trying to be snarky i have seen those desks there pretty awful its just my opinion on them. But on a side note i just ordered my new setup http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/tables+chairs/josephine-taupe-accent-chair/invt/067303
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/tables+chairs/abramo-beech-effect-white-desk-100x58x75cm/invt/067589
    Cheers boi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Depending where you, check local shops first. Desk is like a chair, I need to try it, before buy it.
    In limerick they opened new shop and they had nice metal and glass table. They did a great deal on very good chair too. So table and chair costed me only 225eu. I can't remember the name shop, but if you are in bigger city they are Deffo should have a shop. Its a chain.

DSC_1250_zpszgcywnt4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Can't go wrong with IKEA, found a service on Facebook that collected and delivered to Kerry, great desks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

PM'ing you the contact details.

Oh that's you! Should really get in the habit of reading usernames...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Woodies have some sturdy desks in at the minute, depends what you want space-wise I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Girlfriend has the older (GALANT) version of this desk http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/desks/office-desks/bekant-corner-desk-left-oak-veneer-black-spr-99006404/

It's very, very sturdy. Easily takes a PC with two monitors and a 24" Imac
    bekant-corner-desk-left-oak-veneer-black__0250491_pe388844_s4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

IKEA desk user here, have had three down the years and pretty happy with them.

Only issue is the height doesn't match their own brand of chairs. I've a MARKUS and my elbows are in bits from the desk not being the correct height

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

What kinda wood would you use ,my son is looking for a longer unit because we use two to stands and there bulky in his room it would be handy to have one long table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Pine wood is fine for most desks after varnishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I will be in the same boat soon and was looking to maybe getting one of these and extend it with one of these and then sticking drawers under it like this or this

ideally I was looking for something like this but they don't deliver to here

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

TheDoc wrote: »

Only issue is the height doesn't match their own brand of chairs. I've a MARKUS and my elbows are in bits from the desk not being the correct height

I have my eye on the Fredde desk and was going to get a Markus with it, have you used that combination?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

TheDoc wrote: »

Both the BEKANT and MARKUS are height adjustable.
    What desk do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Could always buy the legs in Ikea and get a length of wood cut to order in a hardware place or something. Varnish it yourself then attach the Ikea legs and you'd be sorted pretty cheaply.

Advertisement