Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canaries October/ November

Options
  • 04-09-2016 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    and sorry for the generic question.

I am planning a week holidays in the canaries for mid/end October or mid/end November.
    I would go mainly for windsurfing (beginner) and relax.
    I am not sure yet which Island to pick...

Would you recommend October or November weather wise?
    Of course I prefer.... sun and warmth! (I am Italian btw so my idea of warm is.. very warm! )

Any suggestion for the planning is welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Canaries in October is still warm just cooler than the peak season, I find. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Fuerteventura is the best for windsurfing which means it is more windy than the other islands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Mucho Scorchio. The Centro Internacional de Windsurfing is one of the best places for windysurfing.
    But as with anywhere down there it's very very windy, so usually reserved for the pros.

You'd be best getting a few lessons locally beforehand, or looking for somewhere with a more relaxed breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Mucho Scorchio. The Centro Internacional de Windsurfing is one of the best places for windysurfing.
    But as with anywhere down there it's very very windy, so usually reserved for the pros.

You'd be best getting a few lessons locally beforehand, or looking for somewhere with a more relaxed breeze.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look!...
    Actually I have been windsurfing for many years in Italy.. but last time was six years ago.. that's why I consider myself "beginner" :D
    I would know the basics and hopefully I'll remember how to stay on the board.. just not used anymore!

Advertisement