Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for comp science ?

Options
  • 04-09-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hey starting a comp science course this September and was wondering could anyone recommend a laptop?

Budget:500-750

Processer :I5

Ram:8gb

256gb sdd

Maybe a dedicated graphics card won't be hardcore gaming on it, but wouldn't mind playing stwor online with it and maybe a few indie Steam games.

Was leaning torwards a Lenovo thinkpad that as on komplett for 750 but I heard the battery on them isn't great ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is the third preloaded spyware scandal to hit Lenovo this year: first it was caught installing Superfish, which grossly compromised user security by installing a man-in-the-middle certificate into the operating system; then it got caught loading immortal, self-reinstalling crapware into part of the BIOS reserved for custom drivers.

Great hardware but f'ck them, dont deserve a cent. Dell did it once. Fool me once, shame on...

Get something small, you'll be glad of it long term. There arent too many options now without going over 1200 but Asus may have something in the price bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Anything with at least a i3 processor and 6gb ram, should keep you going for the duration of your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Oh that report seems worrying enough alright ! I was thinking asus alright wanted to keep it under 800 euro! Hopefully I can find one !

Advertisement