Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Stand

Options
  • 03-09-2016 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I work all day with a laptop and have now developed neck pains and headaches due I think to looking downwards at the screen.

I would like to buy a stand for it, but I'm unsure what to look out for. My machine is quite heavy ~5 - 6 kg.

I've been looking at ones like these, but they just don't seem very robust to me:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lavolta-Ergonomic-Laptop-Breakfast-Holder/dp/B007CYBY5C/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

Everything else, seems to be variations on the same theme.

Any recommendations for one to buy - or even better, one to make myself. I've got lots of steel/wood here and the equipment too!

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What laptop do you have that weighs 5kg???

Usually the best way to do this, is to use a USB keyboard & mouse and then simply prop the laptop up on whatever kind of stand you wish. It might even be an idea to buy an external monitor and use the laptop as you would a desktop computer with a screen at a good height.

Nothing stopping you using whatever wood you have to build something, the design could be as simple as two small pieces to the side, and a board across the top:
    =========================== 
    ||                         ||
    ||                         ||

Advertisement