Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a board for old fart...

Options
  • 03-09-2016 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭

Help me out here guys, I want to build a board for farting around... A-B type stuff... But I don't want a cruiser... I want an old school board with a bit of comfort built in. I also want to use some parts from when I was a young person if they're still considered good... I was never good at tricks, so doubt that's gonna change any time soon.

Deck: considering an 8" Santa Cruise

Trucks: Gullwing were the dogs bollocks back in the day. Are they still good or should I look at Independent?

Wheels: this might be the most important bit... I want Bones, just because they're an original brand for me. What size do I need, a little on the large size for knocking around, 53's?... I reckon a coloured wheel is best for softness, what compound? It's more for street and is unlikely to see many skate parks...

I know there's a school of thought that says just get whatever board you can and use it... But I get a huge amount of enjoyment from researching parts, creating an individual setup and tweaking...

Advice appreciated

Comments

Advertisement