Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling advice

Options
  • 03-09-2016 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭

Guy selling my old rig, its a cracker but I have upgraded to a VR setup. Selling it and want it gone to a good home. I am looking for advice on the price, I want it to sell fast so what would you chaps think is a price to sell. I can sell it with SLI 980 or a single card? What is the best way?

Specs
    Corsair Obsidian 900 case
    i7 3930k
    32 GB DDR3 in Quad
    250gb SSD
    2Gb HD
    SLI 980 GTX
    Corsair ax1200i PSU
    Red Cables and Fans
    Soundblaster Titanium HD
    Copy of Windows 7 upgraded to 10 clean install.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3376763

Advice welcomed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jesus, your new rig would be an absolute animal if you're willing to take such a massive loss on your 'old' PC! Because it's an enthusiast build, unfortunately you will be taking a hefty loss on what you paid - most people don't appreciate or care for the high-end motherboard, high-end power supply, custom sleeving, dedicated sound card, etc and so they don't factor in these things in their offers.

Personally, I would have taken out the PSU for re-use with your new build and replaced it with a basic 430w €35 model, taken out and re-used or separately sold the X-Fi, sell one GTX980 separately, and put up the rest for around 800-900 and see what happens.

Obviously a pointless comment now but if you'd just sold both GTX980's it would have largely covered a GTX1080 and you'd be set for all things gaming/VR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Sound advice the, what would I put a 980 up for? I have another i7 3820 machine. I will remove the sound card I think and sell. I have removed on SSD. Mostly I was downsizing the rig, gone 6800k and 1080

Obviously a pointless comment now but if you'd just sold both GTX980's it would have largely covered a GTX1080 and you'd be set for all things gaming/VR.

I am sorry now, but where would be the fun in that ;)

Advertisement