Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry for the leaving

Options
  • 02-09-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've just started fifth year and I am doing chemistry. We have a good teacher and I am happy with my class. I would just like some advice from people who have done chemistry for good notes websites and any other recommendations thanks😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pumpjock

I've just started fifth year and I am doing chemistry. We have a good teacher and I am happy with my class. I would just like some advice from people who have done chemistry for good notes websites and any other recommendations thanks😊
    I did my LC chemistry this year and got an A1. I made my own notes based on the book, and highlighted important/high yield information. But the majority of my study went into past papers and past pre papers. I would suggest getting a few mock papers a week from your teacher leading up to Christmas of sixth year (if you're finished all the past papers) and keep doing them until the exam. This goes for biology and physics also. This is a brutal enough method, (up to 3 full past papers a day, inc. bio+phys papers if you're doing them) but it worked well. You can repeat the mock/exam papers several times also. The same kind of questions come up. Cycle through them. Do the papers in a timed fashion.

For fifth year, the book does fine, just make condensed notes/flashcards and try to keep up with the material. Nothing complicated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As Pumpjock says, make your own notes.
    Ask your teacher questions, particularly if there is something you are unclear about.

Advertisement