Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics HL & OL differences

Options
  • 02-09-2016 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I'm repeating this year and I think I might repeat Physics at HL. I did OL and got a B1, but did minimal study for it. Just did exam papers every so often.

Is HL much harder? From what I remember from my teacher, you need to know the formulae off by heart and you're asked for much more details in the exam questions.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

retweet wrote: »
    I'm repeating this year and I think I might repeat Physics at HL. I did OL and got a B1, but did minimal study for it. Just did exam papers every so often.

Is HL much harder? From what I remember from my teacher, you need to know the formulae off by heart and you're asked for much more details in the exam questions.

Thanks!

Have a look at the papers and see if you are able to answer the questions. You were obviously in a physics class last year, was there parts of the course you found difficult that resulted in you doing ordinary level? Why didn't you do higher level in the first place?

95% of the formulas are in the log tables, not sure why you would have to learn them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Have a look at the papers and see if you are able to answer the questions. You were obviously in a physics class last year, was there parts of the course you found difficult that resulted in you doing ordinary level? Why didn't you do higher level in the first place?

95% of the formulas are in the log tables, not sure why you would have to learn them off.

I did it 2 years ago! I didn't find it that difficult, my downfall was that I wasn't studying when I should have.

We had the option of higher level, but I didn't apply myself to get my results up to scratch.

Advertisement