Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New

Options
  • 02-09-2016 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I m new in dublin.
    Wanted to know where will i get craft things near city center like glue gun and perler beads etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

I am also looking for a cheap hot glue gun. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Jamilamk wrote: »
    Hi,
    I m new in dublin.
    Wanted to know where will i get craft things near city center like glue gun and perler beads etc
    Best place to start looking is Evans Art and Craft Shop, 5 - 6 Meetinghouse Ln, Mary's Abbey, Dublin 7.
    It's in the city centre, just off Capel Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

Thank you. I had a look at their website and that's exactly the kind of place I was looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Almost sure I saw a little glue gun in one of those Tiger shops a few days ago. Can't vouch for the quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

It's worth checking the sticky thread at the top of the Arts & Crafts forum, just do google the shop to make sure it is still in operation as a few have closed since it was created.

I find that ordering from Cork Art Supplies is great - delivery is so fast and I think usually free too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Tiriel wrote: »
    It's worth checking the sticky thread at the top of the Arts & Crafts forum, just do google the shop to make sure it is still in operation as a few have closed since it was created.

I find that ordering from Cork Art Supplies is great - delivery is so fast and I think usually free too.

Agreed!
    Evans is still definitely open and busy!

Ordered from Cork Art supplies last year and I think delivery is free if your order is over a certain amount. They have a great range of art specific stuff, difficult to find elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭peeps78

If you dont need a high quality Glue Gun then the ones in Tiger should do.
    I have gotten cheap Perler Beads in Sostrene Greene. There is a shop in Dun Laoghaire and I think they have just opened one in Blanchardstown. They do lots of other art and craft supplies, but they are like Tiger/Lidl/Aldi where things come and go weekly/monthly

Then Evans or A4 Art (Thomas Street) for everything else.

Advertisement