Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic traffic

Options
  • 02-09-2016 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

I have to drive to Cork after work this evening :eek: how long can I expect to be crawling along in EP traffic?? :(:(

Is there a "peak" time when it'll be busiest? If I left at 4:30 would I avoid the mix of EP and rush hour traffic??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

HiGlo wrote: »
    I have to drive to Cork after work this evening :eek: how long can I expect to be crawling along in EP traffic?? :(:(

Is there a "peak" time when it'll be busiest? If I left at 4:30 would I avoid the mix of EP and rush hour traffic??

4:30 onwards (or anytime after about 4 nowadays) is probably the worst time to be hitting the M50/7 on a Friday. With EP traffic it'll be worse again (it was already heavy enough at 9am this morning)

Either leave at lunchtime or wait till 6:30/7 (or later) would be my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Update from someone on facebook about half an hour ago (going from Dublin to EP):

Exit 15 is closed, you can only use exit 16. It's already backed up a long way down the N7.

:(

Similarly I need to drive Dublin-Cork tomorrow around lunchtime. Is it too much to hope most of the traffic will be gone by then? Or do people saunter down Saturday afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You'll be fine tomorrow, virtually everyone will be down there tonight. To OP i'd wait until 630/7 as advised.

OP - if you have a passenger with you who can read Twitter, tell them to keep an eye on https://twitter.com/aaroadwatch . It may not help much, but it will give you an idea of how things are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I'll be driving alone.... I was considering driving down later alright but its been a hectic week so I'm pretty tired and didn't want to be driving late. Also, I have to be up at 5am tomorrow so figured it'd be better to try get there a little earlier

Thanks for the help. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Just come to a standstill on the N7 at Johnstown, pretty bad right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Amirani wrote: »
    Just come to a standstill on the N7 at Johnstown, pretty bad right now.

Guess I better make sure I've a full tank and bring some snacks!! haha :D

And a bottle of water. And some nappies... :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Bus has decided to go with the M9 over the M7, still slow but moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Or do what I'm gonna do.. go out for a few hours (company leaving do), get free food and (soft) drinks, and then hit the road later tonight and have a straight run :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement