Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S6 charging issues

Options
  • 02-09-2016 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Strange one for you.

Myself and my wife both have galaxy s6 and have had no issue with them.

The fast charge on mine stopped out of no where the other day.

We have 3 original chargers in the house. One wouldn't work. One would but only slow charge and the 3rd would only work charging wireless pad which is faster that the slow charge. I tested my wife's phone on all 3 chargers and it worked fine fast charging.

The fast charge setting is enabled on my phone.

Later that night the exact same thing happened to her phone. Out of no where. Totally baffled.

Anyone any ideas?

Might take mine into a phone shop over the weekend to try one of their chargers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

Strange that both broke at the same time.
    Just have one S6 here but had similar issues with it not fast charging.
    The charging cable was frayed where it plugs into the phone so it would only slow charge or not charge at all.
    Replaced the cable and everything was fine again but it was a cheap cable and didn't last too long. Eventually replaced it with official cable and it's been fine since.
    Are cables and chargers in good condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

My s6 is kinda bipolar with the fast charging. It'll either charge fast as hell or glacially slow, to the point that it would actually lose power while plugged in. Cable and plug are visually ok. In the end I went back to using an old wired plug that came with my S2 and it charges normally on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

swapped all 3 cables and plugs and same result from them all, also tried a new regular cable in them all.

One of them wont even charge the phone at all but works with the wireless dock.

Will try a phone store this week and hope that have a fast charger to test it!

Dropped into carphonewarehouse today to check their fast charger and it wouldnt fast charge, so it looks like its the ports on both of them.

The chap I spoke to in there said he had an S6 and the same happened to him the other night,

I might try a restore as I will have to do that before i send it in anyways.

Bought both phones from adverts 6 months ago. I have a receipt but my wife doesnt so dont know how that would work out, grr, more problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

Bummer. Have you tried cleaning out the port with a small brush, the sort of one you'd get with electric razor with firm bristles.

This worked for me when it was temperamental before. Also try it with the phone off just in case it's software related somehow.

• Advertisement

hey Keith,

tried that last night, no joy.

Have tried it with phone off and in safe mode also. no joy

Sis in law has an S6 so going to use hers for the last diagnostics before repair.

Cant be without it either so need to get something to keep me ticking over when its in, pain in the hoop!

Just to update this i finally got my s6 back. Had to do one at a time and their was a shortage on parts so it was delayed.

They replaced the lcd that i didnt know had an issue and an internal electric component (thats what repair docket said) and its now working 100% and fast charging.

now to send the mrs one off to get repaired also.

Advertisement