Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders

Options
  • 01-09-2016 9:23pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did search but couldnt find anything.

Saw a poster for this today.

Looks grand

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

looks sh**e !!!

Saw the trailer for this.

It seems utterly horrendous twaddle. I mean, including a rape joke at the end.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Thats nearly as bad as the Mattress Mick movie trailer..So so awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I've heard pretty decent things being said about it.

What I will say about Irish films (regardless of genre), is the inability to cut a trailer that does the film justice, is quite astonishing.

A graveyard of sh!te trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,620 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is loved by Cork :p and now selected for London Film Festival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think it looks great an irish comedy with a true to life story in the background. Alot of people on these forums don't realise how hard it is to get these kind of movies made in Ireland with next to no budget starting out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I think it looks great an irish comedy with a true to life story in the background. Alot of people on these forums don't realise how hard it is to get these kind of movies made in Ireland with next to no budget starting out

It's been promoted a lot better then most Irish films have, another Irish film A Date for Mad Mary which got even more acclaim,hasn't been promoted as much. I've seen the trailer for Young Offenders in a few screenings I went too. It has a touch of Man About Dog about it, which was a massive hit. I think this is a easier sell too, a comedy nothing too serious with enough low brow humour for the mainstream audience. It's got a ton of good reviews.

While this actually looks quite good, having no budget is never excuse for a sub par film.

The cheapest part of the filmmaking process is the script stage, yet it is the one stage that's so obviously neglected.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Saw the trailer for it this evening and looks like it'll be enjoyable enough Irish comedy - as someone mentioned there's very much Man About Dog vibe to it, and also reminds me of Adam & Paul, both of which were great. I'll definitely give it a whirl.

I went to cinema tonight and had a choice of either Sausage party or Young offenders, so I went with young offenders to support an Irish film. My opinion on the movie is that its quite funny and they made the movie quite well. I find it one of the better Irisih movies I have seen in a while, I wouldn't say its a masterpiece but well worth going to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

I saw this tonight and had tears streaming down my face from laughing. Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Really liked this, great performances from the two lads and they really were the heart and soul of the film. The last act with PJ Gallagher's crippled drug dealer had me in stitches. Nothing mind blowing but a enjoyable comedy to pass the time with.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is a great little flick. Very charming performance from the shorter guy. The chemistry between the two main boys was really natural. I think it could become a bit of a cult classic tbh. Plus it featured Where's Me Jumper by Sultans of Ping FC so that's obviously a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Went to watch it on Monday night with my GF and we both loved it. One or two laugh out loud moments and it had us chuckling away for the whole film.

As already mentioned, it reminded me of Man About Dog (and maybe a little of Adam & Paul too, although without any of the sadness).

I think I'd have enjoyed it even if it hadn't been set in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had a good time at this, very enjoyable.

The Limerick accents from the 2 leads were a bit baffling though, given the setting. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mr E wrote: »

The Limerick accents from the 2 leads were a bit baffling though, given the setting. :o

Parts of Cork have that sort of accent too though, it does meld a bit with the Limerick accent.

The chemistry between the two leads is great, btw is it Jack or Jock?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The chemistry between the two leads is great, btw is it Jack or Jock?

Jock Murphy and Conor MacSweeney

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mr E wrote: »

Reminded me of the Rubber Bandits during the opening scene, a lot of townie accents in Kerry/Limerick/Cork are quite similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

siblers wrote: »
    Reminded me of the Rubber Bandits during the opening scene, a lot of townie accents in Kerry/Limerick/Cork are quite similar.

The director of this (Foott) also directed the Rubberbandits video 'Horse Outside'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really enjoyed this - was amused for the entirety of the film and liked the little clues they dropped early on to tie everything together at the end.

Really good film. Not a laugh-o-rama by any stretch, but keeps a constant smile on your face throughout. The two lads are very watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

went to it tonight...it's grand. some funny bits. the two young lads are funny but it's kind of a mad for tv movie.
    good crowd at the cinema for it so hopefully they make a bit of money from it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Saw it last week and really enjoyed it. The "fake Billy" sub-plot was very amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Just back from it, great little film altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Really enjoyed this film!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rally chick

went to see it and thought it was great.
    any one remember the music at the start of the film ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Rfrip

went to see it and thought it was great.
    any one remember the music at the start of the film ?

MIA...paper planes

Really enjoyed this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Added to Netflix today.

Advertisement