Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good time to buy Starcraft 2?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

So many years ago i was excited when SC2 was announced, soon after i was greatly disappointed that they were going to fragment it into 3 different games instead of one. And with that i made the decision not to get it and wait years until i can buy the 3 for the price of one game.

So I finished Rise of the tomb raider earlier (thank you) and went looking for my next game to play with a decent story. Then it hit me SC2! i knew they had released the Terran and Zerg ones but wasnt sure on the Protoss so went to the battle.net site and yes its out and they're selling all 3 for €60.

So my question, is it a good time to buy SC2? Any news of other expansions for it on the way and it would be best for me to hold off until? any word on a possible price drop in the near future? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It was always good time to buy sc2.
    Wings of liberty, the very first one was fantastic. If you think they butchered one game in to 3, then you are very mistaken. The campaign in each of sc2 games is amazing and was well worth the money. In fact, best rts story modes in a long long time.
    I bought all 3 games separately when they were launched and I never was disappointed. Its a shame I gave up on sc2 multiplayer after wings of liberty. I was really in to it and was doing well, but then I realised to be at least little bit competitive in it, I had to play sc2 only every day.

For 60 quid for all 3 it's worth for campaigns alone. On top of that you get the custom world of sc2 map editor. Custom games and maps on it are insane.
    Back in the day wc3 was pretty much 1000 games in 1, because of all the custom maps people did. Back in school few of us nerds were doing our own Diablo 2 type rpg games and share them on floppy discs. Sc2 editor is just scary good. They even got mmorpgs now on it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Each of the three games is about the size of the original campaign or brood war. You should have bought them, really great RTS games with very interesting mission structures and that's not even talking about the multiplayer. Definitely work playing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Each chapter is massive, like previously same, a game itself.

The story is very good, the cinematic plays like a movie.

The game is engrossing, fun, clever, and worth the money.

In short, buy it you foooooooollll!!!! ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Hah i know, I've become a miser when it comes to buying games (they are too expensive buying on release to be fair), and i prefer to buy my games complete as opposed to in fragments. Also, I was pretty angry at the time when they announced what they were doing, so I boycotted in protest. It's not like i had/have a shortage of games to play. I much prefer the way i have adapted buying games, I save a small fortune. Heck if i spend the €60 on the 3 games bundled, i saved myself what? €80? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's worth it for the campaign alone. It's a brilliant trilogy, and would be a must play for anyone who likes RTS games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I still haven't gotten around to buying LOTV

Boom! Just bought all 3 games for €40

I was always under the impression only blizzard sold digital copies of their games online, now i dont know why i thought that :confused:

Anyway, thats me sorted for ages :P

I'm literally on the very last mission of the Protoss campaign.
    All 3 campaigns are excellent
    If you like the Universe it's a bonus. I like how they have tied the three campaigns together.
    In total there is probably 40 - 60 hours game-play across the 3 campaigns. Not to mention achievements and higher difficulties.
    I'm a noob and even Normal difficulty is a challenge.
    Terran Campaign is my favorite though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten around to buying LOTV

Just keep watching the opening cinematic until it fixes your brain and you want to do the right thing:

There's a co-op mode in LOTV that's great as well.
    They've added a few new commanders. Some are paid DLC. It's good craic as well though. Probably as much content playing through that as you'd get in the main campaign if you're into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll put it to you this way, I enjoyed chapter 1 so much, I built a "gaming pc" for when chapter 2 came out

• Advertisement

Just finished :):)

But sad it's all over :(:(

I started chipping away at it, i keep getting miffed when i miss out on an achieve, need to start checking them at the start of the mission instead of groaning after the mission :pac:

That mission where you're clearing the infected when it switches from night to day was a slog, my own fault got lazy on the building units front, ended up hording alot of resources when i could have splashed out and finished it much quicker (and got the achieve i didnt know existed:P)

Advertisement