Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this PLC course get me into my college course?

Options
  • 01-09-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I applied to DT011 (Aviation technology) in DIT but was 5 points short this year. I have now recently being accepted into multiple PLC courses in Dublin. The PLC course I would prefer to do is Motor Vehicle Maintenance in Plunkett college.

This PLC gives me a QQI Level 5 Motor Technology 5M2145 Certification award. On the DIT FETAC page, DT011 has CMTXX/5M2145 Motor Technology listed as an accepted award.

My question is if I complete this PLC and achieve the award, will this allow me to apply to the DT011 course using FETAC next year? Im trying to work out how This entry route works and i am having a hard time trying to understand how it works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to do a year in a PLC course only to find out it will not help me get into the course I want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

You won't get an automatic place. There are 7 places reserved for Fetac route. If there are more than 7 applicants you will be ranked by the number of distinctions / credits / passes from your PLC course. If you work hard on the course and get 6/7/8 distinctions you will have a high chance. By working hard on the course your first year in DIT will probably be a lot easier for you too, as you will have covered similar modules. Make sure you pass all 8 modules as you need all of them to get the full qualification which you need for entry to dit.

see http://www.dit.ie/studyatdit/undergraduate/howtoapply/cao/fetac/

Advertisement